Hibachi home style edition

 







I’ve learned with all my stomach issues that when I’ve had the craving for something that I can indulge sometimes and have it.   When I was in college at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Oh.   We had some wonderful restaurants.  One of which was Genji a Japanese Hibachi restaurant.  A group of us from work would go once a week and I’d go with my family.  We got to know the owners, chefs and became friends.  We loved going there and it was great because we never needed a reservation or waited in line.  I would study how everything was prepared and was able to recreate the dishes I loved there especially when I moved away.  I still to this day haven’t found a hibachi place I like as much as I liked Genji.  But I’ll keep trying…..lol. 

So for our home style hibachi you have to start with fried rice, I had thawed some filet mignon and shrimp.  One thing Genji always did was they made bean sprouts at the end before they cleaned the grill and all the wonderful flavors would marinate into the cooking bean sprouts.  So of course I had to make them. One of the great things about staying in and making dinner is when I fell like I want to go out to eat, I’ll think about what restaurant I want to go to and what dish I’d like.  Then if it’s something I can make at home voila it’s Dinner Out Made In.  This saves so much money over the year and then when we do go out it makes it that much more enjoyable.   

I work full time, have a boutique with an online store, I’m a busy mom of two and both kids are in sports.  But with a little preplanning, a well stocked kitchen I’m able to put healthy home cooked meals on the table ever night and they are usually ready in 30 minutes or less.   I take extra time on the weekends to make the longer cooking meals and always make enough for leftovers during the week and so I have lunches to take to work.    Trust me if I can do it so can you.   So join us on our journey to simplify home cooking, save money on shopping, going out and find us Facebook and YouTube.  


You can find us on 

Facebook @ Danielle Ragozzine

YouTube: Stoned Gnome Homestead 


 

All content on this channel/blog is provided for informational use only. It is not meant to be interpreted as medical instruction or advice. No action should be used based solely on the information contained on this channel. Viewers should get advice from healthcare professionals on any matters relating to their health and wellness. Some individuals could have allergic reactions to a particular essential oil that is not considered toxic.



#stonedgnomehomestead 

#scratchmade 

#scratchcooking

#homesteadlife

#dinneroutmadein

#homesteading 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rain, rain, rain and did I mention rain

Still Cleaning up